2b theatre company seeks candidates for a contract position: Administrator, with a focus on Database and Systems Coordination. The successful candidate will complete an 8-week contract to facilitate a transition to a new database system and to integrate that system into the organizational structure of the company. This is an opportunity to guide and join the transformation of a thriving local not-for-profit arts organization through structural change and systems improvement.
This job offers career-related relationships and experience to an emerging professional pursuing a future in Arts Administration or Management.
The successful candidate will share our commitment to working with an anti-oppressive lens. 2b theatre company welcomes applications from all candidates. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the qualifications and who also: Identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Colour and/or face other barriers to employment due to systemic marginalization such as (but not limited to): disability, mental illness, addiction, queer, two-spirit, trans/non-binary, or single parents.
HOURS: 30 hours/week from January 4th – February 26th (8 weeks)
In collaboration with all staff (Incoming Executive Director, Interim General Manager, Artistic Director, Fundraising Coordinator, Tour Producer, and Office Manager) and following the strategy outlined in the database integration plan, the Administrator will:
- Manage, maintain and execute 2b’s database integration plan
- Support Staff in digital (G-suite) and paper filing systems
- Shift the company’s data from its current database (Sumac) into its new database program (to be confirmed)
- With support of all staff, engage with each department of the organization. This includes Fundraising, Donor and Sponsorship, Event Management and Operational Admin, Production, Touring, Presenters and Artistic Programming, in order to review the database needs of each department and input / upload the data into the new database
- Assist with the integration of the database into the operating process of the company
- Ensure integrity and security of information
- Document their process and create a database handbook for staff and future reference, and ongoing daily use.
- Additional Duties may include:
- Collection/digital archival and documentation of all press and promotional material
- Creating and maintaining accessible archives of 2b’s historical promotional materials, in collaboration with the Nova Scotia Archives
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
Qualifications / Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organized and detail oriented
- Have analytical skills and a passion for organization and reimagining structures
- Proficiency with creating, maintaining and organizing a database of information
- Proficiency with G-Suite; Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Have good time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Have knowledge of non-profit organizations, theatre production and/or the performing arts world in Halifax and beyond.
- Research and reporting skills
- Knowledge of database management systems is an asset
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30 2020, 11:59 pm
To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume to our Office Manager Chelsea Dickie at email@example.com with the subject line “Administrator application”. Please also feel free to email us with any questions.
For more information about 2b, visit 2btheatre.com