HOURS: 30 hours/week from June 3 – July 26 (8 weeks)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Event Coordinator will plan and execute 2b’s annual LobsterPalooza fundraiser (taking place on Saturday, July 13). All activities will be carried out under the supervision of the Managing Director (Colleen MacIsaac) and Producer (Karen Gross).
- Writing press releases and promotional materials
- Coordinating volunteers, sponsors, and silent auction items
- Managing sponsor relations
- Updating 2b’s social networks, website, and newsletter
- Managing registrations
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
This job offers career-related experience to a student or emerging arts professional pursuing work in the fields of Arts Administration or Event Management. The Event Coordinator will become familiar with the main tasks of an Arts Administrator while being mentored by the Managing Director and Producer.
- Familiarity with event planning and coordination.
- Learns quickly, works well under pressure, and able to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Leadership experience and ability to delegate tasks to volunteers.
- Experience running fundraisers, managing registrations, coordinating volunteers, pursuing sponsorships and donations, and proficiency with database software, Google Docs, Excel, and WordPress would all be assets, as would a valid driver’s license.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
2b is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 12th, 11:59 pm
Please send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Event Coordinator” in the subject line and address the cover letter to Colleen and Karen. Please also feel free to email us with any questions.
2b theatre company strives to stimulate the mind and awaken the spirit by producing theatre that is innovative and challenging. We create, produce, present, and tour original work nationally and internationally. Our work is part of the evolution of contemporary theatre aesthetics.
We are also an incubator, central to a thriving national theatre community, that offers a range of creation, performance, and production opportunities for arts professionals from Halifax and beyond.