2b theatre company is seeking a Stage Manager for approximately five weeks in October-November 2019 for its production of One Discordant Violin touring to New York City.
- Maintains communication with performers and all members of the production team.
- Arrange all pre-show calls.
- Calls the show.
- Basic prop management, repairs, and purchase, if required.
- Completes and distributes performance reports.
- Attend production and show-related meetings, as necessary.
- Laundry and basic costume maintenance during the run.
- A member of Canadian Actor’s Equity Association in good standing.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A strong team player, who also possesses the ability to work under their own initiative.
- A high degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of technical theatre.
- Working knowledge of current safety standards.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Touring experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Isadora and/or ETC lighting board is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Fluency in French both written and spoken is an asset.
About the production:
Based on a short story by Life of Pi author Yann Martel, One Discordant Violin explores a transformative encounter with an unlikely composer, asking what happens when we reach for what is beyond our grasp. A duet for storyteller and violinist, this adaptation shows us that beauty can be found in unexpected places.
Directed by Anthony Black and Ann-Marie Kerr.
2b theatre company strives to stimulate the mind and awaken the spirit by producing theatre that is innovative and challenging. We create, produce, present, and tour original work nationally and internationally. Our work is part of the evolution of contemporary theatre aesthetics.
We are also an incubator, central to a thriving national theatre community, that offers a range of creation, performance, and production opportunities for arts professionals from Halifax and beyond.
Position is full time from October 21, 2019 to November 25, 2019 with possible future touring opportunities.
Wage in accordance to Canadian Theatre Agreement for Company Category F
2b theatre company will cover necessary travel, accommodations, and per diems for the length of the engagement.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: July 5, 2019.
2b theatre company is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage submissions by people of all ethnicities and cultural backgrounds.