HOURS: 30 hours/week from June 3 – July 26 (8 weeks with some flexibility in scheduling)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Systems Coordinator supports 2b’s management and production teams in a range of production, research, and organizational systems projects. All activities will be carried out under the supervision of and with support from the Managing Director, Managing Producer, Tour Producer, and Director of Production.
- Production assistance for two touring shows (load in, strike, and preparing a set for touring)
- Reorganizing 2b’s storage spaces, with support from Director of Production
- Researching and organizing information about international theatre presenters
- Researching and organizing information about funding opportunities
- Technical support for office operations
- Creating and maintaining accessible archives of 2b’s historical promotional materials, in collaboration with the Nova Scotia Archives
- Updating 2b’s database, filing (including digital filing), and tracker systems
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
This job offers career-related experience to a student or emerging professional pursuing work in Arts Administration or Production Management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working or volunteering as a technician or production assistant
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to look at the big picture and understand and implement a system as a whole
- Learns quickly, able to work independently, and able to prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication, multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and research skills
- Proficiency with database software, Google Business, and WordPress would be assets
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
2b is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15th, 11:59 pm
Please send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Systems Coordinator” in the subject line and address the cover letter to Colleen and Karen. Please also feel free to email us with any questions.