Part concert. Part memoir.
This world premiere features 2b’s artistic co-directors unplugged, singing the soundtrack of their twenty-year friendship.
In Softly, now, Christian Barry (Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story) and Anthony Black (One Discordant Violin) tell a story about coming, going, love, fear, and the rising tide.
Featuring 2b’s trademark blend of humour, headiness, and heart, and marking the first time the two friends have shared the stage, this show strips away theatrics to expose two artists at the top of their game reliving the past and contending with an uncertain future.
Premiering in March 2020 at the Bus Stop Theatre, Halifax
Warning: This show contains sea shanties.
- Playwrights & Performers Christian Barry & Anthony Black
- Director Judy Wensel
- Dramaturg/Contributing Playwright David Gagnon Walker
- Stage Manager Don Brownrigg
- Lighting Designer Vicky Williams
- Musical Director Becky Siamon
- Production Manager Matthew Downey
- Photographer Stoo Metz
- Trailer Videographer Terrence Taylor
- March-April 2020 The Bus Stop Theatre, Halifax NS – World Premiere