A day-long workshop on Sunday March 10 2019 convention focusing on the development of new performance work.
TheatreCon is a project of this year’s 2b student reps: Qing Wang, Logan Robins, Jack Smith, Andrew Chen and Rooks Field-Green.
The convention will consist of five, hour-long workshops run by the following artists: Ann-Marie Kerr, GaRRy Williams, Veronique Mackenzie, Liam Fair, and Luciana Silvestre Fernandes.
We are presenting workshops to help emerging theatre and performance artists build accessible, decolonizing, and inclusive practices.
Admission is $15 for the entire day of workshops including lunch. That’s right! Lunch is FREE (with the cost of admission)! Book online via Paypal HERE or give cash directly to a student rep. As space is limited tickets are first come first served.
*If you cannot attend for the whole day but would still like to attend one or a few of the workshops that is very much welcomed and encouraged! Please just let us know which workshops you will be present for!
- 09:00-10:00 – Workshop 1: GaRRy Williams – Playing for Chan(c)/ge
- 10:15-11:15 – Workshop 2: Liam Fair – Improv & Development
- 11:30-12:30 – Workshop 3: Veronique Mackenzie – Motion in Space
- 12:30-13:30 – Lunch: Provided by the 2b Student Reps! Come mingle 🙂
- 13:30-14:30 – Workshop 4: Ann-Marie Kerr – Jeu (play)
- 14:45-15:45 – Workshop 5: Luciana Silvestre Fernandes – Expressionist Movement Adaptations of Classical Plays
- 16:00-17:00 – Panel Discussion: Foundations of New Work Development
The 2b student reps are committed to decolonizing practices including the recognition of our own privileges and we invite attendees to do the same. This event will take place at Dalhousie University which is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Mi’kmaq people. All the joys and sorrows that creating bring would not be possible without the use of this stolen land.
2b recognizes the support of the Province of Nova Scotia’s Department of Communities Culture and Heritage.
Questions? Email email@example.com with TheatreCon in the subject line.