CERB will cover people who have lost their job, people who are sick or quarantined, and parents who must stay home without pay to care for children. The new CERB also includes workers who have no income due to the COVID-19 slowdown, but who haven’t yet been officially laid off. It will cover employees, contract workers, and self-employed workers. To qualify, applicants must have had $5,000 in employment income, self-employment income, or maternity or parental leave benefits for 2019 or in the 12-month period preceding the day they make the application.
- Application form becomes available April 6
- $2000 benefit paid out every month for up to four months
- Benefits should be delivered ten days after you submit your application form
- According to the Chronicle Herald, “anyone who obtains the CERB…. will not be able to have another source of income”
Individuals who have earned more than half their income in the Canadian entertainment industry over the past 3 years
Provides short-term emergency financial assistance for costs like rent or mortgage, grocery costs, transportation costs, dedical costs, emergency dental costs, utility costs, dues (1 year max.), phone and internet ($150 max.), and childcare expenses
LGBTQ2S artists, performers & tip-based workers
- Provides $200-$1200 in emergency relief
- If you don’t receive support, you can apply again in ten days
Artists of any discipline
- A one time, no questions asked, micro grant of $75 for groceries, food and other essentials.
- Grants will be first come, first served and we’ll keep giving them out as long as the money lasts.
- Requests can be made via the Bad New Days website (hopefully) starting Monday March 30
- Funds will be dispersed as soon as possible, ideally before April
Theatre artists currently enrolled in and artists graduated within the past five years from a theatre training program anywhere in Canada
- $750 grant to present a piece of art online
- Deadline to submit: March 31 2020
Canadian performing artists (Canadian citizens or Canadian residents)
- $1000 grant to post a 45 to 60 minute online performance
- Applications will be accepted until April 13 2020
- Apply by emailing CanadaPerforms@nac-cna.ca
Last updated: March 27 2020