A brave and honest examination of love, sex, and fertility, inspired by real stories about young mothers during the early Canadian birth control movement (1920s & 30s).
2b commissioned and developed the piece in multiple workshops, including a two week workshop culminating in a work-in progress showing in May 2014, and produced the world premiere of this new work in partnership with Neptune Theatre as part of the Scotiabank Studio season.
more than a compelling history lesson, it is an opportunity to contemplate the state of sexual health and freedom in our society todayThe Globe & Mail
bristles with humour, intelligence and big-hearted humanityThe Victoria Times Colonist
as emotionally moving as it is intellectually engagingStratford Festival Reviews
- Playwright Hannah Moscovitch
- Director Christian Barry
- Lighting Design by Leigh Ann Vardy
- Costume Design by Leesa Hamilton
- Set Design by Andrew Cull
- Production Managed by Louisa Adamson
- Check back soon!
- January 27 – February 8, 2015 – Neptune Theatre, Halifax, NS
- March 2017 – Shadbolt Centre, Burnaby, BC
- April 2017 – Belfry Theatre, Victoria, BC
- January 2018 – Great Canadian Theatre Company, Ottawa, ON
- February 2018 – The Grand Theatre, London, ON
- March-April 2018 – Crow’s Theatre, Toronto, ON